About REBI Officers
REBI Officers direct the organization’s mission and activities with support from the REBI staff to ensure the organization’s continued growth, development, and progress towards our strategic goals. The President, President-Elect, First Vice President and Immediate Past President serve as the Executive Committee.
Click below for responsibilities, duties, and required qualifications specific to each position.
President President-Elect First Vice President
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ambassador of the Institute and the REBI brand worldwide, representing REBI and cultivating relationships and business development opportunities through industry partners, and other organizations that support the advancement of REBI’s mission.
- Lead the Board of Directors in governing the organization and engage the Board in strategic discussions and advancements.
- Cultivate a strong working partnership with the REBI Headquarters Executive Team.
- Understand and support a clear delineation between the CEO’s management role and the Board’s governance role.
- Oversee the hiring, evaluation, and compensation of the CEO as applicable.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the integrity of the organization’s finances, working with Board and REBI Headquarters Executive Team to oversee the budget of the organization and ensure appropriate resources.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of REBI.
- Participate in appointing volunteers to REBI standing committees and work groups, as appropriate, for the following year.
- Serve on NAR committees as appointed by NAR.
REBI Officers must meet the following requirements. Other requirements apply to the specific position (see above links):
- a CRB or SRS designee in good standing
- served on the Board of Directors
- an active practitioner in real estate within the last five (5) years.
- served in at least two (2) of the following capacities:
- Chair or Vice Chair of an REBI committee or work group
- Officer or Board member of the National Association of REALTORS or an NAR affiliate organization
- Officer or other professional or trade association or non-profit organization.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, influencer, high EQ, inspirational.
- Personal skills: strategic/forward thinking, innovative and creative.
- Group skills: strong leadership, consensus builder, collaborative.
- Personal attributes: integrity, accountability, humility.
- Technical skills: expertise/understands real estate industry, knowledge/understanding of REBI, understanding of governance fundamentals, global awareness/experience.